General Sales Terms
• Prices do not include local taxes. Customers are responsible for import duties and taxes, etc. imposed by law.
Import Duties and Consumption Tax
• If import duties or consumption taxes are incurred in the receiving country, customers shall be responsible for such payments.
• Products returned due to refusing to pay taxes are deemed to be products returned due to the customers’ circumstances and customers shall be responsible for paying shipping.
Payment for products shall be refunded via the customer’s credit card company at the time products are returned to us.
Timing of Establishment of Sales Agreements
• Sales agreements come into effect when the Company sends an order confirmation email to a customer.
Cancelling Orders, Returning and Exchanging Products
• Email us if wishing to cancel an order after a sales agreement has come into effect.
• After products are delivered, returns and exchanges (limited, as a general rule, to unopened items) are only accepted if we are contacted within seven days of delivery.
• We do not accept order cancellations, returns or exchanges for the following products:
1) Products opened or used
2) Products scratched or damaged or stained by customers
3) Products without all their accessories, including packaging (bag/case)
4) Products made-to-order or customized
5) Products clearly described as being unreturnable on the product outline page
• The Company shall bear the cost of returning or exchanging products if products clearly have defects or are wrongly delivered.
• Customers shall bear the cost of returning or exchanging products due to their own circumstances.
• We make no warranty against defects, etc. in the products we sell unless the products are defective-on-arrival.
Other Matters to Consider
• Product photographs posted on this Website are photographs of actual products. However the color tone, etc. may differ slightly from actual color tone, etc. due to viewing on a computer screen.
• Please understand that the Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for problems arising from the non-delivery of emails or garbled text in emails sent to or from customers.
• Products may not be deliverable to certain countries or regions due to security or other reasons. We may cancel orders in accordance with the situation at the time of ordering.
• The Company packages products using standard export packaging acceptable for international transportation.
• The Company assumes responsibility for products damaged or broken as a result of poor packaging but cannot assume responsibility for accidents due to poor handling of cargo by customers after delivery.
• Unless otherwise agreed, the burden of risk for lost or damaged products shall transfer to customers at the same time products are sent to the marine transport carrier or the air transport carrier in Japan. Cargo insurance coverage is left to the discretion of customers.
• The Company shall not assume any responsibility for non-performance or delays when dispatching products or performing contractual obligations due to war, insurrection, riots, labor disputes, pandemics, fire, typhoons, floods, earthquakes, embargoes, government controls, or other grounds that exceed the Company’s control.
• If the parties concerned are unable to resolve any disputes, arguments, or differences of opinion that arise between the parties in relation to this Agreement or the parties, such matters shall ultimately be resolved through arbitration in accordance with the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association’s commercial arbitration rules in Japan. The arbitral award given by the arbitrator shall be final and binds both parties.
• The laws of Japan shall apply to the enactment, effect, fulfillment, and interpretation of these Terms.
• These terms are effective from February, 2017.
Shoyeido Incense Co., Ltd.